Reiki is a healing journey; a journey about seeing yourself and the things around you differently. It is about going beyond the need for fixing, changing or getting rid of anything. It is a way to go beyond mind.
A Reiki session involves the transfer of energy (prana) from reiki healer to the patient to enhance the body’s natural ability to heal itself through the balancing of etheric energy centers and meridians in the etheric body. It works on all levels, body, mind, and spirit. You can heal yourself as well as others. The reiki master teacher gives this healing ability (ability to tap prana from the universe) in a process known as reiki attunement. During this attunement, he dissolves your many karmas and makes you able to tap this universal energy. After this process person initiated/attuned is known as reiki channel as he is able to channel this energy at his will, whenever, wherever and in whatever amount. Reiki is currently practiced by over a million people worldwide.
Reiki is the science of healing of energy body using the cosmic life energy. Reiki re-aligns one with one’s true path, source, and spirit. Reiki masterworks as a channel for this reiki energy healing. The removal of energy imbalance or clearing negative energy by such healing in any portion of the energy body automatically leads to healing in the corresponding part of the physical body. Heartfelt desire alone to become a healing channel for yourself or others is sufficient to put you into the vibration that leads to reiki.
Some salient features of Reiki are:
- Its use is not dependent on one’s intellectual capacity or spiritual development and therefore is available to everyone. It has been successfully taught to thousands of people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Once you are attuned to reiki, you can practice anytime. You do not need to reattune again if you resume practicing reiki after a long time.
- Their many instances when people already following some other spiritual practices have reported a significant improvement in their practice after they have been attuned to reiki.
- It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.
- Reiki never harms or have side effects of any kind. It is only lack of understanding about the healing process that such instances occur.
- It has several effects like it brings about deep relaxation, eliminate energy blockages, detoxifies the system, provides vitality in form of ‘chi’, and increases the vibrational frequency of the body.
- Reiki is intelligent and nonpolarized energy. It flows automatically where imbalances exist.
- It is not faith healing or placebo healing. It can be learned and practiced by anyone, even a child. It is a simple hands-on technique. It is not a belief system. Scientific researches have been carried out worldwide.
- Reiki is intelligent cosmic energy. Even if you diagnose the dis-eased person wrongly, reiki will flow where it is actually needed.
- It is not something that we do only when one is suffering from any diseases or life trouble, but, the first step to karmic healing.
- Reiki is free from every bias. It cannot be related to any specific religion only. It is an unbiased and unconditional form of divine healing.
During a reiki treatment, reiki healer transfer reiki to the diseased person. The practitioner places his hands in various positions above the patient’s body. Experiences of reiki treatment vary from individual to individual but most people are found to feel intense relaxation, increased clarity of thoughts, serenity, and enthusiasm. For others, Reiki is a life-changing event opening doors to discover new dimensions of consciousness. The treatment can last between 25 minutes and 2 hours depending on individual needs.
Intention plays a very important role in reiki session. Energy is directed to dis-eased organ using the intention of removing negative energy and filling positive energy. This is due to the fact that “energy flows where ever our thoughts/intention goes”. The same principle is used when making use of reiki for wish fulfillment. Reiki cannot be used for manipulating others according to our will. It is used to bring harmony and wellness.
Most common reiki health benefits are:-
- Repair and increases immune system
- Re-establishment of inner peace and calmness
- Elevation in the thinking process (opening of mind / destroy negative neural networks in the brain)
- Body detoxification
- Helps in overcoming addiction and drug (medicine) side effects
- Helps with chronic problems such as asthma or recurrent headaches
- Significant proper management of blood pressure
- General body and mind relaxation, which decreases stress and tension
- Increases vitality and overall sense of well being
- Better sleep cycles
- Helps in healing injuries and wound
- Improved memory and concentration
- Better brain synchronization
What is meditation?
Meditation is a thoughtless state during which we realize that the real ‘I’ and ‘mind’ are two different things. ‘I’ uses mind for various purposes. It is out of ignorance only that we think that I and mind are one. Meditation starts with intense concentration on the object of meditation and if practiced consistently turns into samadhi. The Samadhi is the superconscious state of mind. In this state of self-realization, the seeker becomes Buddha.
Is reiki a meditation technique?
Yes, reiki is a meditation technique. Reiki is an art of going beyond mind. It is completely up to the seeker how and where he utilizes this energy, for materialistic gains or spiritual ascension or both.
Seeking enlightenment by meditating on light suits both formless (Nirakar) and formful (Sakar) concepts of meditation. All religion, culture, and faiths in the world recognize the significance of light in meditation in one way or the other since where there is light, there can not be darkness (ignorance arising due to mind). The divine light is considered as a visual representation of Cosmic Consciousness. In fact, during worship, we use candles, incense sticks and lightening lamps are nothing but symbolic indication towards dispelling ignorance.
What is group reiki ?
When a group of reiki practitioners gives reiki to the same person simultaneously, the reiki session is termed as group reiki. Group reiki session is very powerful as the strength of healing energy increases exponentially. Due to this, the dis-eased person recovers speedily.