Explaining chakras reiki,therapeutic touch,healing hands,reiki karuna,healing touch,vibrational medicine,healing power,reyki,was ist reiki.
Reiki (pronounced ray-key) is a Japanese term which means ‘Spiritually guided universal life force energy’, similar to ‘Prana’ in Sanskrit, ‘Chi’ in Chinese and is known as ‘Cosmic energy’ to many. It was (re)-discovered by Dr. Mikao Usui in nineteenth century. Reiki as written in Kaisho old standard style used before World War II and during Mikao Usui’s lifetime.
|is rei -(literal Japanese) sacred / divine|
|is ki -(literal Japanese) vital energy / prana / chi|
Reiki is a healing journey; a journey about seeing yourself and the things around you differently. It is about going beyond the need for fixing, changing or getting rid of anything. It is a way to go beyond mind.
A Reiki session involves transfer of energy (prana) from reiki healer to patient to enhance the body’s natural ability to heal itself through the balancing of etheric energy centers and meridians in etheric body. It works on all levels, body, mind, and spirit. You can heal yourself as well as others. The reiki master teacher gives this healing ability (ability to tap prana from universe) in a process known as reiki attunement. During this attunement he dissolves your many karmas and make you able to tap this universal energy. After this process person initiated / attuned is known as reiki channel as he is able to channel this energy at his will, whenever, wherever and in whatever amount. Reiki is currently practiced by over a million people worldwide.
Reiki is the science of healing of energy body using the cosmic life energy . Reiki re-aligns one with one’s true path, source and spirit. Reiki master works as a channel for this reiki energy healing . The removal of energy imbalance or clearing negative energy by such healing in any portion of the energy body automatically leads to healing in the corresponding part of the physical body. Heartfelt desire alone to become a healing channel for yourself or others is sufficient to put you into the vibration that leads to reiki.
Some salient features of Reiki are :
- Its use is not dependent on one’s intellectual capacity or spiritual development and therefore is available to everyone. It has been successfully taught to thousands of people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Once you are attuned to reiki, you can practice anytime. You do not need to reattune again if you resume practising reiki after a long time.
- There many instances when people already following some other spiritual practices have reported a significant improve in their practice after they have been attuned to reiki.
- It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.
- Reiki never harm or have side effects of any kind. It is only lack of understanding about healing process that such instances occur.
- It has several effects like, it brings about deep relaxation, eliminate energy blockages, detoxifies the system, provides vitality in form of ‘chi’, and increases the vibrational frequency of the body.
- Reiki is intelligent and nonpolarized energy. It flows automatically where imbalances exist.
- It is not faith healing or placebo healing. It can be learnt and practiced by anyone, even a child. It is a simple hands–on technique. It is not a belief system. Scientific researches have been carried out world wide.
- Reiki is intelligent cosmic energy. Even if you diagnose the dis-eased person wrongly, reiki will flow where it is actually needed.
- It is not something that we do only when one is suffering from any diseases or life trouble, but, a first step to karmic healing.
- Reiki is free from every bias. It can not be related to any specific religion only. It is unbiased and unconditional form of divine healing.
During a reiki treatment, reiki healer transfer reiki to the dis-eased person. The practitioner places his hands in various positions above the patient’s body. Experiences of reiki treatment varies from individual to individual but most people are found to feel intense relaxation, increased clarity of thoughts, serenity and enthusiasm.. For others Reiki is a life-changing event opening doors to discover new dimensions of consciousness. The treatment can last between 25 minutes and 2 hours depending on individual needs.
Intention plays very important role in reiki session. Energy is directed to dis-eased organ using intention of removing negative energy and filling positive energy. This is due to the fact that “energy flows where ever our thoughts / intention goes”. The same principal is used when making use of reiki for wish fulfillment. Reiki can not be used for manipulating others according to our will. It is used to bring harmony and wellness. Most common reiki health benefits are:-
- Repair and increases immune system
- Re-establishment of inner peace and calmness
- Elevation in thinking process (opening of mind / destroy negative neural networks in brain)
- Body detoxification
- Helps in overcoming addiction and drug (medicine) side effects
- Helps with chronic problems such as asthma or recurrent headaches
- Significant proper management of blood pressure
- General body and mind relaxation, which decreases stress and tension
- Increases vitality and overall sense of well being
- Better sleep cycles
- Helps in healing injuries and wound
- Improved memory and concentration
- Better brain synchronization
What is meditation ?
Meditation is a thoughtless state during which we realize that the real ‘I’ and ‘mind’ are two different things. ‘I’ uses mind for various purposes. It is out of ignorance only that we think that I and mind are one. Meditation starts with intense concentration on the object of meditation and if practiced consistently turns into samadhi. The Samadhi is the super conscious state of mind. In this state of self realization the seeker becomes Buddha.
Is reiki a meditation technique ?
Yes, reiki is a meditation technique. Reiki is an art of going beyond mind. It is completely up to the seeker how and where he utililises this energy, for materialistic gains or spiritual ascension or both.
Seeking enlightenment by meditating on light suits both formless (Nirakar) and formful (Sakar) concepts of meditation. All religion, culture and faiths in the world recognize the significance of light in meditation in one way or the other since where there is light, there can not be darkness (ignorance arising due to mind). The divine light is considered as a visual representative of Cosmic consciousness. Infact during worship we use candles, incense sticks and lightening lamps are nothing but symbolic indication towards dispelling ignorance.
What is group reiki ?
When a group of reiki practitioners give reiki to the same person simultaneously, the reiki session is termed as group reiki. Group reiki session is very powerful as the strength of healing energy increases exponentially. Due to this the dis-eased person recovers speedily.
|Next – History of reiki|